Our usage of cookies
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files, downloaded from websites to your digital device (computer, smartphone or other) as you browse and use the internet.
There are two main types of cookie:
- A session cookie that only exists for the duration of your visit to a website. They recognise your computer or smartphone as you move between pages. These cookies can be used, for example, to maintain secure logins.
- A persistent cookie stays on your device for a set period of time and can be used, for example, to remember you when you next visit the website.
The source of each cookie also varies. Some cookies are owned and created by Greenhouse Spares ('first-party' cookies), but others are supplied by independent companies ('third-party' cookies).
When referring to cookies, this also includes similar online tracking devices such as web beacons and flash cookies that we may use.
Cookies are NOT viruses, any kind of malware, programs or applications. Cookies can't see the files on your computer.
Greenhouse Spares, cookies and you
The cookies used on greenhousespares.co.uk fall into four categories:
- Strictly necessary
More information about each category of cookie can be found below, and the cookies from the Greenhouse Spares site are listed in full at the bottom of this page.
Strictly necessary cookies
Strictly necessary cookies let you move around the website and use essential features such as shopping baskets and secure areas.
We use strictly necessary cookies to
- Remember information that you have entered on web order forms when you visit different pages in a the same session
- Balance the overall volume of website visitors between our computer servers
These cookies will not be used to gather information that could be used for marketing or to remember visitor information outside of a single session.
Performance cookies collect aggregated information about how visitors use our website, eg which pages visitors go to most often, how long they stay, and whether they get error messages. This information is useful to Greenhouse Spares so that we understand how visitors experience our site and it is used to formulate improvements to the website.
Performance cookie information is aggregated and does not identify individuals.
Functional cookies allow the website to remember choices you have made on the website. Examples include
- whether you have been asked to fill in a survey or marketing form
- offering the ability to share content via social networks
Advertising cookies are used to deliver adverts that are more relevant to you and your interests, and to reduce advertising that is not relevant. Examples include
- remembering a pattern of website behaviour so that adverts can be made more relevant
- limiting the number of times that advert is seen in order to reduce fatigue
- researching which adverts work best
Advertising cookies collect information anonymously and it is not linked to you as a person, even if you have logged in to our website.
Online Behavioural Advertising
Greenhouse Spares may advertise on 3rd party websites using tracking cookies. Greenhouse Spares places such adverts only in networks that subscribe to the EU Self-Regulatory Framework for Online Behavioural Advertising (www.youronlinechoices.com).
Many browsers give a range of options for managing cookies, including obtaining consent for every cookie, blocking certain types of cookie and blocking cookies from unrecognised websites. Finally, you can set your browser to block all cookies however you should be aware that many sites will not work as smoothly as you are used to and some basic functionality that is dependent on cookies will not work at all.
The following are example links to relevant help sections for some web browsers and explain how to manage your cookies:
If any queries arise from this web page, do not hesitate to contact us by clicking here